Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Hey Kids! You wouldn't happen to have a cup of warm water would ya?

So it's Tuesday night and I'm laying in bed in New York with the laptop on my chest. When I first left I had intended on posting stuff every night so everyone would know what's going on up here. Well, that kinda got screwed up from the get go so it never happened. Plus, I'm not nearly the writer that Mark is(I seemed to have misplaced my lexicon) and I can't make videos like Matt. But I will attempt to take you on a journey of my experiences in print right now and video later. I have taken a few videos but I can't upload til I get back home. Which will be in two days. Man, the time up here has flown by.

First of all, it has been a blast up here. Everyone that I have met has been wonderful. Quick debriefer (and no I don't mean getting your pants pulled down. I know how your mind works Mark!) -- the company I work for MMS supplies a computer software for doctor's offices to do their medical billing and scheduling and such. There is a corporation up here named ABS that uses our software. One of their clients is CWPW, which is a group of various doctors offices about an hour or so north of NYC. CWPW just had another doctor's office, The Kania Group, join their umbrella and that's where we come in. Their entire office needed conversion of one system to the next and training on said program. That's where I come in. I got to become quick friends with a bunch of sassy New York women real quick. The job has been lots of fun but it has taken up so much time that I really haven't gotten a chance to do much else. I'm staying at Stephen's house, Philip's brother and he lives about an hour away from The Kania Group. He has a big 3 story house with lots of space so sleeping arrangements haven't been an issue. I actually have had my own room with my own bathroom.

The area up here is so beautiful! I had no idea that New York is so hilly and mountainous. And there's trees everywhere!! It really has such a wonderful, unorthodox style to the landscaping that I contastly have my peepers peeled to the window b/c I never know what I'll see next. Every house is at least two stories. I guess this is b/c there isn't a flat piece of land ANYWHERE. Can't build out, gotta build up! And there's no pattern to anything. Houses here, houses there....every road twists and turns. Up and down. It really is quite amazing. I tried to take some shots but I don't know if they turned out good. We will see when I get back.

Tomorrow I'm gonna post the good stuff. I'll give an account of what's happened everyday since I left. I wanted to get the general details out of the way first. See you then!!

3 comments:

pard1959 said...

Yep, my mind does work like that. I even noticed a couple of times where I could interject "That's what she said" into your blog. ;)

But regarding this debriefing...

from the looks of one your tagged photos on Facebook, you've already been debriefed. I hope your not "chapped" that I brought it up.

MajorLamont said...

As a matter of fact, I'm glad you "bared all" of your feelings. It keeps you from looking like an "ass." I'd better turn the other "cheek" before I say too much.

pard1959 said...

Wow! I feel like I've been "rear-ended." I would try to say some more clever things, "butt" I think you've said enough. You really "crack" me up.