Sunday, November 30, 2008

Top 10 Christmas Movies!!

Matt suggested that someone do a top 10 Christmas Movies list and it didn't take me very long to compile my favorites. I just went through my head (and movie collection) and looked for the ones that I hold near and dear to me and the ones that I insist on watching each year. This list may very well not be the same as your list and that's ok. This isn't a best list. Just 10 Christmas movies that I can't live without.

Also, I'm not really putting them in any order so this won't be a true "Top 10" list. Although my mostest favorties will probably be in the top 5. (And the number 1 WILL be my number 1 b/c it always will be)

Before I get to the list I wanna clarify a few things. This will be a list of "movies" only. Christmas movies at that. Even though movies like Die Hard and Gremlins have a Christmas feel to them, I don't consider them "Christmas" movies. But they are both great movies and you should watch them anyways this month. I also am not including TV stuff like Muppet Family Christmas(one of my very favorites), Rudolph, Frosty, Charlie Brown Christmas, How The Grinch Stole Christmas, etc. Once again, those are all classics and certainly should not be missed.

10: White Christmas



9: Elf



8: A Christmas Story



7: The Grinch



6: Christmas Vacation





5: Love Actually



CAN I JUST SAY WOW ON THAT ONE?!!!

4: Ernest Saves Christmas




3: Muppet Christmas Carol



2: It's A Wonderful Life

This movie needs a little commentary from me. You will never find a better actor than Jimmy Stewart. He is the best of the best. Best that there's ever been. He is so natural and easy going. He was Tom Hanks before there was a Tom Hanks. And this movie will move you if you let it. It's perfect.


1: Home Alone



Home Alone is and always will be my favorite Christmas movie. Probably b/c it came out when I was 10 and it was fun and funny and magical and all that stuff back then. But now that I'm older I appreciate for different reasons. It has a great story and shows that family truly is wonderful and you don't know what you've got til it's gone. The clip above is one of my favorite parts because of the music involved and the religious aspect. After all, that IS the reason for christmas.

2 comments:

pard1959 said...

Good job, Mikey!

Those were wonderful. It makes me want to take a day off and watch movies.

Kimber said...

yep, that's my list too. ;)